While you would not want to make all your family's butter this way, this will show you how butter is made.
Here's what to do:
- A jar with a tight-fitting lid
- A carton of cream, not sweetened
- A bit of salt- optional
- Some patience
1. Pour the cream into the jar until it's half full.
2. Tightly screw the lid on the jar.
3. Shake the jar.
4. Shake it some more!
5. After a while you will notice that yellow butter has formed.
6. Add a tiny amount of salt if you like.
7. Spread it on some bread. Yum!